Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net Worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we have selected one of the popular actresses who despite being hailing from foreign countries have made a name for themselves in Hollywood. The name of one of such actresses is Tamlyn Tomita who hails from Japan.
Tamlyn got her fame when she first starred in the “the karate Kid part II” movie. She was the main role which got her the first public acclamation as well as from critics. Her other famous movie which f4ther gained her more fame was the “Come See the Paradise”. Karate Kid being an international level movie gained Tamlyn international fame. This was her debut film. Other than that she has appeared in films like Picture Bride, Four Rooms and Tekken: the Movie. Tekken was also a big it at box office which earned a nearly billion dollars on box office.
Tamlyn has not only performed on film screen but also on TV screen as well. She had many roles in famous TV series as both guest roles and supporting roles. The famous of the TV series appearances are in shows like 24 and Glee. Recently she has been given an important role in the new TV series; The Good Doctor.
She has also won many of the acting awards during her successful acting career. She has recently won an award for her performance in a short movie titled; Real Artist.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
Tamlyn Naomi Tomita
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
Tamlyn is currently 52 years old and belong to Asian ethnicity. Yes she is old and yes the old age has left some effects on her beauty but nevertheless she is far better looking and actually beautiful for a woman of her age. Her exquisite Asian features make her look stunning even today and many a men still have their heart skip a beat at mere sight of her. She has dark black hairs and black eyes. Even today she maintains a tout slim figure all thanks to her daily yoga routine and following of a strict diet plan.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
Tamlyn Tomita has a decorated acting career and for her fans we have gathered all the information that w could scavenger right here.
- Tamlyn made her acting debut by starting with a lead role in 1986’s martial arts movie franchise The Karate Kid. She was actually casted for the second part of the movie. Movie was directed by the renowned director Jon G. Avildsen and was actually a prequel to the first part. In 1990, Tamlyn was casted as a female lead for a drama film titled Come See Te Paradise. The film happened to receive high positive reviews and gained Tamlyn fame in Hollywood. Despite the positive reviews, film turned out to be a commercial disaster.
- After the flop of her previous film she was casted again in a big screen film; The Lucky Joy Club. Film released in 1993 turned out to be a commercial success and earned nearly three times more than its budget. The premise of the film evolved around Chinese American women and their estranged relationships with their Chinese mothers.
- In 1994 she was again casted in a critically acclaimed move called Picture Bride.
- In the coming two decodes Tamlyn starred in the following popular movies.
- Four Rooms 1995
- Robot Stories 2003
- Gaijin2: Love me as I am 2005
- Tekken 2009
- Teacher of the year 2014
- As far as her career in short films goes she has starred in following.
- Betty Anderson 2000
- Peace 2006
- Straight Inn 2010
- Real Artists 2017
- Due to her exceptional acting in Real Artists, Tamlyn was nominated for multiple awards and nominations.
- For her TV career she has starred in following series.
- Santa Barbara 1980
- To help nation 1988
- Walking Shadow 2001
- Jane Doe 2005
She has recurring as well as guest roles in following TV series.
- Time Trax
- The Burning Zone
- Nash Bridges
- General Hospital
- Teen Wolf
- The Good Doctor 2017
Date of Birth:-
January 27th, 1966
Few of the facts that surround the life of Tamlyn Tomita are as follows.
- Tamlyn was actually born to a japans family in Okinawa. Later her father moved to Los Angeles America where he was the sergeant of police for LAPD.
- Tomita graduated from the Granada Hills High School of Los Angeles.
- Tamlyn was always fascinated with beauty so she participated in many beauty pageants. Her fist win as for the title of Queen was for the Nisel Week Pageant held in Los Angeles.
- Tamlyn has also dabbled in music industry as well. Following her win at beauty pageant she also released a single music album.
- In 1991, Tamlyn was chosen by People’s Magazine as one of the Top 50 most beautiful People in the World.
- She also won the Asian Media Award in 2001. The award was given at Asian American International Film Festival.
- As we all know how splendidly she acted in the short film Real Artists but it also got her The Best Actress Award in 2017. She was also given the Southern Short Awards for this film.
Tamlyn Tomita’s net worth is estimated to be around 3 million dollars.
She currently maintains her residence in Los Angeles. The address is however kept private due to paparazzi concerns.
There is not much information about her family background but whatever is available is as follows.
Her father’s name is Shiro Tomita. Shiro was the sergeant for the LSO Angeles Police Department in the 70’s. He was the first person who helped the department to form an Asian Task Force.
Her mother’s name is Asako Tomita. She was a common housewife.
She has no other siblings.
She has no children.
She was previously in relationship with Greg Watanabe but they are separated. Cruelty she is single and not dating anyone.