Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net Worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we have selected a man of many talents, Harvey Levin. Born in September 1950, Harvey Levin has made is name in the Hollywood world with his talents of being a Television producer, lawyer, legal analyst and a celebrity reporter.
One of the main reasons for his fame is him being the founder of the famous TMZ website dedicated to celebrity news. Currently he is serving s the host for the renowned Fox News Channel show; “OBJECTified”.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
Harvey Robert Levin
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
Harvey Levin is currently 67 years of age but by maintaining a regular exercise and diet plan, he ahs managed to maintain a good health. He does not seem that much old for a person of his age. Harvey belongs to white ethnic group of people. He maintains a simplistic dressing code and is occasionally seen wearing simple black shirts. The prominent feature of him is his grey hairs. Harvey is currently measured at a height of about 6 feet while weighing only about 70 kg.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
Information regarding the diverse career of Harvey Levin is as follows.
- Levin after graduating as the Juris Doctor, started doing his legal practice in Sate of California. He did the law practice from 1975 to 1996.
- In addition to doing his law practice, he also took position of teaching law at University of Miami’s School of Law.
- He also did some law practice in Los Angeles but soon moved to teaching at Whittier College School of Law.
- In 1978, after the proposition of California Proposition 13, Levin soon was in the eyes of public due to his various appearances and debates.
- After finding his new public fame, Harvey went on to be the radio host for presenting legal advice to callers. He was soon nicknamed as “Doctor Law”. At the same time he also started to write columns for the Los Angeles Times. His writing was so popular that he remained with them for about seven years after voluntarily leaving the position.
- His first entry into the media was as a host for the KNBC-TV’s show held in Los Angeles. In his sow he covered various legal issues.
- After that he went on to work with KCBS-TV channel. He spent nearly a decade with them as their investigating reporter as well as being a legal analyst.
- His media career took a turn for a better when he covered the OJ Simpson: Murder Case. During the whole trial he was on the screen regularly.
- After being impressed by his legal prowess and handling of legal issues, he was offered to work on “The People’s Court”. In March of 1997, from being the consultant for the show, he rose to position of being the Co-Executive producer and the on air legal anchor. His co anchor was Carol Martin. He worked with this show for nearly 25 years.
- In 1996 due to his thriving TV career, he deiced to deactivate his bar registration.
- He is also the founder for the show called “Celebrity Justice” which aired form year 2002 to 2005.
- It was year 2005 when TMZ was first aired by AOL. Levin was named as the founder and the managing editor for the website.
- Under Levin’s watch, the website quickly gained the popularity amongst public. The first report covered by TMZ was the DUI arrest of Mel Gibson and his anti-Semitic rant to police officials.
- Other famous coverage by TMZ that rose it to fame include following.
- Abuse of Rihana by Chris Brown
- Death of Heat Ledger
- Death of Michael Jackson
- According to LA Times, the biggest coverage by TMZ to date is the new of Michael Jackson’s death.
- In 19085, wh8ile working with The People’s Court, Levin wrote a book titled as “The people’s Court: How To tell it to judge”. The book was actually a commentary on several cases on which he appeared during his time on show.
- The book has been mentioned by ‘The Library Journal” as material to be placed in public libraries.
- Levin is currently performing his duties as the News host for the Fox Channel News show; “OBJECTified”.
Date of Birth:-
September 2nd, 1950
Los Angeles, California
Few of the facts about life of Harvey Levin are as follows.
- Harvey Levin is Jewish by religion and was born to a family in Los Angeles, California.
- He graduated his high school from Grover Cleveland High School in Reseda, Los Angeles. He graduated from their with honors.
- After that he went on to university of California, Santa Barbara. E graduated from their with bachelors in Political Science.
- After that he went to University of Chicago Law School. He graduated from their with a Juris Doctor in 1975.
- Levin is gay by sexual orientation. A thing which he reveled while attending the national Lesbian and Gay Journalists Association in April of 2010. He was invited as the speaker of the event.
- He has been named as one of the Top 50 most powerful and influential voices raised for the American LGBT communities since 2012.
- He has made appearances in movies like Volcano and Celebrity Justice.
As of 2018, the net worth of Harvey Levin has been estimated to be around 15 million US dollars.
He currently maintains his residence in Los Angles California. He is living in with his gay partner, Andy Mauer since the late 1990’s. The address has been kept private due to security reasons.
There is little information available regarding the family background of Harvey Levin.
He has no children
Harvey is gay by sexual orientation. He lives with his longtime partner, Andy Mauer. Andy is a chiropractor by profession. They maintain their residence in a joint listed home since 90’s.