Mark Geragos Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net worth, Family Tree, Personal life
Today we bring to you one of the renowned Criminal Defense lawyers in America. The name of the said criminal defense lawyer is Mark Geragos. Mike Geragos only became famous once he represented the famous and legendry singer of all times Michael Jackson. Other than Michael Jackson, Mike as represented various other big names like actress Winona Ryder, politician named Gary Condit, Susan MacDougal, Scott Peterson and Scoot Barney. He has represented a famous NASCAR Driver named Jeremy Mayfield. He also gained fame when he represented two brothers named Paula and Kulbir Dhaliwal who happen to have been in a tiger related injury which escaped from San Francisco Zoo. He represented Rihana for the assault case against her then boyfriend the famous rapper and singer; Chris Brown. He is considered as the Celebrity Lawyer of New York because of him representing mainly celebrities.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
Mark Jon Geragos
Criminal Defense Lawyer
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
Mike Geragos at present is about 60 years old and belongs to both American and Armenian bloodlines. He is a born American national and has spent nearly all of his life in America. He serves as the managing partner of his family law firm named “The Law Offices of Geragos and Geragos”. He is renowned as the Celebrity Lawyer because of him mainly representing the celebrity cases.
60 years old Mark Geragos is in the same physical health as many of the fellow Americans of his same age. Although he has maintained a pretty good health compared to many by maintaining a steady exercise routine and by watching hat he eats. He weighs around 70 kg while standing tall at a height of about 5 feet 10 cines. He mostly makes appearance in his sharp business suit attire. As for his facial features, he has a goatee for a beard and half bald head.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
- Although Mark Geragos was accepted to the State Bar of California in 10983 but he gained fame only after he represented the case of a convicted whitewater figure named Susan McDougal. She was the former business partner for the President Bill Clinton at that time. Mark successfully handled her case and got her the presidential pardon for her allegation in 2001. Mark also represented Susan for the 12 counts of Embezzlement case in LA. The jury at the end gave a non guilty verdict.
- In December of 2002, Mark represented another great name of America. This time it was an Oscar nominated actress named Winona Ryder. She was charged with the crime of stealing more than 55000 dollars worth of merchandise form a Beverly Hills’ California Store back in 2001. Although Mark fought very hard on her case, she was still sentenced for a three years imprisonment. Court also ordered her to undergo a psychological as well as drug counseling.
- In 2004, Mark Geragos again made into deadlines when he was simultaneously handling tow of the most important cases of American history. One was the molestation case against Michael Jackson the legendry hip hop singer and the second was for the murder trial of Scott Peterson. Unfortunately these two cases came when Mark was under the heavy workload of his career and failed to complete both of these cases. Michael Jackson ultimately dropped him as his lawyer whereas Scott Peterson was sentenced to death.
- Other cases that mark Geragos won and were of considerable prominence are as follows.
- Winning the alcohol related counts for the brother of President Bill Clinton; Roger Clinton Jr.
- Prostitution Chagres against director Lee Tamahori
- Defended the Amphit and Kulbir Dhaliwal for their injuries sustained in a tiger attack which escaped from San Francisco Zoo. The case settled in early stages with both brothers getting 900,000 dollars.
Other notable cases that Mark Geragos represented are as follows.
- 2009 case of Chris Brown for offense charges of hitting his then girlfriend Rihana. Mark got Chris Brown to surrender to LA Police.
- 2008 case of Japanese Businessman named Kazuyoshi Miura. Unfortunately business man committed suicide before the case could go ahead.
- Represented Kesha in her lawsuit against Dr. Luke
Date of Birth:-
October 5th, 1957
Los Angeles California
Few of the facts about mark Geragos are as follows.
- He completed his high school graduation from Flintridge Preparatory School and went to Haverford College and got is double major in Anthropology and Sociology. He got the Juris Doctor from Loyola Law School back in 1982.
- He is the managing director for this family law firm named “The Law Offices of Geragos and Geragos”.
- He settled the lawsuit against the New York Life Insurance and AXA Insurance companies that led to genocide of 1.2 million Armenians at the start of 20th The case was settled for 37 million dollars in 2006.
- Geragos represented the following celebrities for the class action lawsuit against the private eye detective Anthony Pellicano for his illegal wiretapping.
- Hayley DuMond
- Stephen Kolondy
- Donna Dubrow
- Lee DuMond
As of 2018, the official net worth of Mark Geragos is about 25 million dollars. Nearly all of this net worth is accumulated from his career of being a celebrity lawyers, he must have other business ventures but he has not revealed any other such sources.
He currently maintains his essence in Los Angeles California but the residential address has been kept private.
Mark Geragos has both Armenian and American blood running through his veins. His father was of Armenian descent and hence Geragos maintains a close relation with Armenian society of America. Father Name:-
His father’s name is Paul Geragos.
His mother’s name is Betty Jane Geragos.
He has no known siblings.
He two children; a daughter named Teny Geragos and son named Jake Geragos. .
It is not known that when Mark married but he has been married with Paulette Geragos for an extended period of time and still maintains a healthy marriage with her.