Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net Worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we bring a renowned UFC fighter from America. He is known as Jon Jones who has won the UFC Light Heavyweight championship twice in a row. Jon Jones is considered as one of the most influential and popular mix martial artist of all times.
Since early age of childhood, Jones showed exceptional talent in wrestling. His skills started to get polished in High school year when he won the State Championship for his Union Endicott High School. Wrestling was not only his passion; instead he was also a great football player for his school team as a Line Defense. Initially he was pursuing Criminal degree from college but after his MMA career took off, he dropped out. His first debut match was against Brad Bernard which he won by a technical Knockout.
Although he has won the UFC championship title twice, but both titles were stripped from him. First time was due to a hit and run case and second was due to Doping violation. He is currently under doping investigation and if results came out positive, he is looking for a four year ban.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
Jonathan Dwight Jones
Professional Mixed Martial Artist
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
31 years old Jon Jones belongs to African American ethnicity and is a born American. Jon stands tall at a height of about 6 feet 4 inches while weighing about 96 kg. It is useless to say that he has a perfectly toned muscle physique as he is a MMA fighter. He is mostly bald but still has short hairs on back of his head. His iconic beard is a trademark for his look. Being a fighter, he trains hard daily with his personal coach and follows strict diet plan.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
Information related to career and personal life of Jon Jones is as follows.
- He took the official start of his career against Brad Bernard in 2008 which he won by a technical knockout in only one round. His next match held in April of 2008 was against a Brazilian fighter which he again won by a knockout in third round.
- Few of his matches in 2008 were against following fighters which he all won by a knockout.
- Anthony Pina
- Ryan Verret
- Parker Porter
- Moyses gabin
- Andre Gusmao
After three rounds against Andre, he was unanimously declared as the winner.
- During his 2009 match against fellow American fighter named Matt Hamill, he dislocated his shoulder which led to Jones’s disqualification. This went on to b the first ever loss of Jones’s career.
- In 2010, Jones won his first UFC Champion title by defeating the then champion; Mauricio Shogun Rua. Jones beat Shogun in third round by a technical knockout and was declared the youngest UFC Champion veer.
- Te toughest fight yet in Jones’s career happens to be against a Swedish fighter known as Alexander Gustafson. The match happened at UFC 165. The match prolonged with both fighters having lacerations and swellings eventually, Jones was declared winner by unanimous decisions making.
- Jones wanted to fight with a former Olympian fighter named Daniel Cornier. The match took place in 2015, which Jones won by unanimous decision.
- In April of 2015, Jones was scheduled to fight against Anthony Johnson but match was canalled as the Albuquerque, Mexico police arrested him for a Hit and Run case. UFC also stripped him off of his championship title. Jones also served 18 months supervised probation.
- Jones won the second UFC title in July 2017 after he won the match against Cormier. Although he won but there seemed to be drug violation. Investigation carried out and doping test came out to be positive. He was stripped of his title for second time. He is also facing some serious doing violation charges which could lead to his four years ban.
Date of Birth:-
July 19th, 1987
Rochester, New York
Few of the facts about life of the famous Two Times UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, Jon Jones are as follows.
- Due to his violent behavior, many might not believe that he happens to be quite a religious fellow. His father was the pastor for the local church which greatly influenced Jones.
- He has two siblings and both of them happened to be famous NFL footballers. His elder brother is now retired and had played for Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins. His younger brother is currently applying for Arizona Cardinals.
- Jones mother who was a nurse, died after fighting a long term ailment of Diabetes.
- Jones showed athletic talents in sports from early age. He was not only a good wrestler but also great football players. Due to his immense talent during high school, coach used to call him “Bones”. This is the nickname that is often used in his MMA fights.
- He initially had plans to pursue degree in Criminal Justice but realizing his passion for wrestling he dropped out.
- Being a renowned MMA fighter, he also happens to be the first ever MMA fighter that was signed by Nike for international promotions.
- He is also the only MMA fighter who has his own shoe line.
According to sources, at current time, Jon Jones has a bet worth of about 10 million dollars.
Jones currently maintains his residence in a lavishly beautiful home in Ithaca, New York. The address is made private due to security concerns.
Information regarding his family background is as follows.
His father’s name is Arthur Jones Jr. who is the pastor for the Pentecostal Church located in Endicott.
His mother’s name is Camille Jones who worked most of her life as a nurse. She recently died suffering from Diabetes.
He has two siblings both of them are brothers. His older brother’s name is Arthur Jones III while his younger brother’s name is Chandler Jones.
Jones has 3 children and they are all daughters.
Jones met his wife Jessie Moses when they were in high school. They both were separated for many years but eventually got together and currently living engaged with their three daughters in Ithaca.