Jim parsons Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we bring to you an actor who has given the comedy a new way. He has won our hearts with his comedic styles from his iconic role of Sheldon Lee Cooper. Yes: you have guessed it right he is the famous Jim Parsons from the renowned comedy TV series, “The Big Bang Theory”. The role of Sheldon Cooper has earned Jim both international recognition as well as many of the prestigious American TV Awards.
Like his character Sheldon Cooper, Jim is also a native of Houston, Texas where at early age, he developed the love for theater and acting. According to him, his inspirations to acting were shows like ‘The Company” and “The Cosby Show”. After graduating from University of Houston with major in theater, Jim moved to New York. In New York he worked with Theater and also had minor roles on TV shows. His big break came when he was called for audition of The Big bang Theory and the rest is history.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
James Joseph Parsons
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
45 years old Jim Parsons is like any ordinary American. He belongs to white ethnicity and being a native of Texas since generations, he clearly has that cowboy touch in his speech. Although being a talented actor, he has clearly learned how to hide this trait of his. Although you can observe his Texan style form time to time in The Big Bang Theory episodes. He has a slim body physique with a tall height those measures up to 6 feet 2 inches. He weighs only about 60 kg. His skin is milky white and he has a forehead deprived of hairs.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
The information regarding the career as well as some personal information of Jim Parsons’s life is as follows.
- After moving from Houston to New York in his passion of acting, Jim started working at the Theatrical productions.
- He was casted as the supporting actor in the movies like Garden State in 2004 and Heights in 2005. Other than that he was also given the chance of working as a supporting actor in TV series, “Judging Amy”.
- In 2007, he auditioned for the role of Sheldon Cooper for the upcoming series, The Big Bang Theory. Although according t Jim “I Didn’t felt any connection to the character, I was certain that it would suit me once I read the script”.
- And he 2was right, the studio absolutely loved him and he was casted and the show was aired for the first time in 2007.
- The show went on to become one of the popular hit comedy shows in America and all the actors including Jim Parsons went on to gain international recognition.
- After that he also starred in TV movies titled, The Big Year and Wish I Was Here
- Following his passion of theater, Jim also acted for the stage shows with key roles. The name of his stage shows are ‘A Normal Heart’ and ‘An Act of God’.
- Lately Jim is being receiving opportunities to pursue career in films as well. So far he has appeared in a horror movie; Visions released in 2015.
Date of Birth:-
March 24th, 1973
Houston Texas, USA
Some of the facts about life of Jim Parsons are as follows.
- Born in Houston, Jim attended the Klein Oak High School. It was this very school where Jim acquired his passion of acting. Jim appeared in a school play at age of six. Although the role as minor, Jim was heavily influenced by it and decided that very moment to pursue career in acting.
- After completing high school and receiving bachelors from University of Houston, Jim enrolled in University of San Diego. For two years he pursued his master in Classical Theater.
- According to one particular interview, Jim told that his time at the University of San Diego was much fun. He really enjoyed learning there and if the opportunity was given at that time, he would have even pursued the doctorate as well.
- From the year 2011, to 2014, Jim Parsons has won the award of being the “Outstanding Lead Actor”.
- Other awards tat Jim won over the years include the following.
- Golden Globe Award in 2011
- Satellite Award in 2016
- Screen Actors Guild Award 2017
- Jim is sexually gay orientated and is married to an art director named Todd Speiwak. They got married in May of 2017.
Following a successful career as a comedic actor from single show it is hard to amass a huge network but many has done so in the previous years and in these modern times as well. Same goes for Jim Parsons, who from his single successful show was able to amass a huge net worth of nearly 70 million dollars. Although this is an estimate but still given the popularity of show, this much is well expected.
He currently maintains his residence with his husband in California. Actually a fun fact, the show “The Big Bang Theory” also shots and airs from California.
The address of the house is kept private due to paparazzi and privacy concerns.
Jim belongs to White Ethnicity and is a native of Texas. His family has been native of Texas since many generations.
The name of his father is Milton Joseph.
His mother’s name is Judy Ann.
He only has one sibling, a sister named Julie Ann who works as a teacher in Houston.
He has no children.
Jim was in a long term relationship with an art director named Todd Speiwak for almost ten years. The both got married back in May of 2017.