Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net Worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we have selected one of the popular names from Hollywood. The fellow’s name is Jerome Silbermam but he is actually more famous by his stage name of Gene Wilder. Gene is a retired Hollywood actor who also happened to be TV actor, screenwriter, author, director as well as many other things in his long career.
Gene born in a Jewish family, residing in town of Wisconsin, showed interests in acting from an early age. His first introduction to acting was from the local theater in Wisconsin. Although he had to serve time in army as a paramedic troop but he still continued with his passion of acting by studying HB Studio even while serving.
After serving his time in army he was offered admission int9o Actors Studio where he performed in minor roles of the Off Broadway Scene.
Gene’s first big break in movies came when he acted in a movie titled, The Producers. After that he spent some time doing minor roles in comedy movies. His first breakthrough of fame was when he acted for the role of Willy Wonka in the famous movie; “Charlie and The Chocolate Factory”. This was the most memorable role in his long career which actually catapulted him to fame.
While being an actor he had a knack for writing scripts for his movies as well. He often directed a couple of them too. Few of his greatest co stars are Harrison Ford, Gilda Radner, and Richard Pryor etc.
Gene had been married four times in his life and once was with his co star from a movie called hanky Panky; Gilda Radner.
Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
Gene Wilder was 85 years of age when he passed away. He belonged to white ethnicity and was a born American. During last couple of years of his life, Gene went under many medical complications which deteriorated his health to extreme. The main reason for his worst heath was him suffering from Alzheimer’s. He died in his home in Stamford, Connecticut.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
Information regarding the long and illustrious career of the once legendry actor, Gene Wilder is s follows.
- In 1955, Gene was admitted into the Bristol Old Vic Theater located in Bristol, England. There he learned fencing and became the All School Fencing Champion. He returned to USA during that year and was enrolled in the HB Studio.
- In 1956, he served time in army as a Paramedic at the Fort Sam Houston. He remained as much close to New York as he could so while serving his time he could also learn acting. His duties were in the Department of Psychiatry and Neurology in Army Hospital of Pennsylvania.
- Gene’s mother died in 1957 and he was relived from army at the same year. He spent most of his time studying acting at HB Theater. To support himself he even did jobs like Fencing instructor and Limo driver.
- In 1963, Gene was offered the role of a Broadway Production called “Mother Courage and Her Children”.
- The year 1967 was the year when Gene finally stepped into film industry with motion picture, Bonnie and Clyde. After that his first film debt was for the film The Producers.
- One of the most remarkable roles of Gene’s life was in the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory released in 1971. He starred as the Willy Wonka. Although movie did not do well commercially but still he managed to gain immense fame from this role.
- In 1974 he did roles in movies like Young Frankenstein, blazing Saddles and The Little Prince. Young Frankenstein went on to become one of the Hollywood’s huge hits. The movie even received an Oscar Nomination.
- For his directional Debut he started with a movie called The Adventures of Sherlock Brothers. Gene also happened to have written the script for the movie.
- In 1977 he starred for the first time alongside Harrison Ford in “The Frisco Kid”.
- In 1982, Gene wrote and directed a movie called The Women in Red. The movie went on to become a huge success on b0x office and even won an Academy Award.
- During 90’s Gene starred in movies like
- Funny About Love
- Another You
- Murder in Small town
- Alice in Wonderland
- The Lady in Question
- He also starred in 90’s show; Something Wilder. Unfortunately the show lasted for one season.
Date of Birth:-
June 11th, 1993
Few of the amazing facts about life f Gene Wilder are as follows.
- Since the age of 8 years old, Gene showed interest in acting. Her mother recognized her talents and sent him to study acting at Black Foxe. However he came back after being bullied and sexually assaulted.
- Gee was involved in the Wisconsin Theater at the age of 15 years. He did a pay called Romeo and Juliet which actually fueled his passion for acting more.
- Gene has a nephew who is actually a Director slash screenwriter in Hollywood. He goes by the name of Jordan Walker Pearlman. Gene considered him more of a son than a nephew.
- Gene’s mother died when he was very little, after suffering from Rheumatic fever and Ovarian Cancer.
- According to his family, Gene died while listening to his favorite song; Over the Rainbow by Ella Fitzgerald.
According to sources, even after his death on August 29th, 2016, his net worth is still on the rise. Officially his net worth as of 2018 is around 20 million dollars.
He maintained many residential homes around the states. He spent most of his time in Stamford, Connecticut during last days of his life.
Information regarding his family tree is as follows.
William J. Silbermam
Jeanne Baer Silbermam
A Sister named Corinne Silbermam Pearlman.
He only had one daughter whose name is Katherine Wilder.
He was married four times in his life. Their names are s follows.
- Mary Mercier 1960-1965
- Mary Joan Schutz 1967-1974
- Gilda Radner 1984 -1989
- Karen Boyer 1991