Charles Krauthammer Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we have selected one of the popular and influential celebrities form the world of American media. The name of said personality is Charles Krauthammer. Charles Krauthammer is a renowned columnist, author, political commentator and also a former physician. The popularity of Charles Krauthammer is so well established in the American media that his syndicated columns become the headlines for more than 400 newspapers. However due to his ongoing battle with the caner, he stopped writing these columns in 2017 and accepted the role of a commentator on FOX News. Charles initially had plans to become a professional sailing instructor but at the age of 16 he took a turn on his plans and sought career in media. Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
68 years old Charles Krauthammer belongs to mix ethnicity as his father was a Jew while his moiré was of Belgium descent. Charles has the facial features of any person of his age. However in the recent years due to his accident causing injury to his spinal cord and the impending cancer has caused his health to decline fiercely. Charles however fought through these battles and came out victorious. Nowadays he appears on Fox News as a commentator wearing simple clothing. He weighs about 70 kg while standing tall at a height of about 6 feet.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
Information regarding the personal and career life of Charles Krauthammer is as follows.
- Charles was born in New York and moved with his family at the age of five to Montreal where he was placed in a Hebrew school.
- After graduating from school he went to McGill University form here he graduated in economics and political science with First Class Honors.
- In the same year of his graduation from McGill University in 1970, he went on to study as a Commonwealth Scholar in politics at the Baliol College, Oxford. After that he returned back to USA and went to Harvard for attending the medical school.
- Charles served as the resident of Psychiatry department in the Massachusetts General Hospital from years 1975 to 1978.
- During his return to Washington D.C. back in 1978, while being a research Psychiatric of the Carter administration, he started to present political articles as well. He became the speech writer for the vice President Walter Mondale.
- His first real acclamation as a writer was when he was published in Times magazine for writing essays on Regan Doctrine.
- In 1985 he began to write the weekly columns for The Washington Post.
- In 1987 due to his commentary he won the Pulitzer Prize in 1987.
- From 1990 to 2013, Charles was the panelist for the weekly PBS political roundtable show called Inside Washington.
- Since the previous decade he has assumed the role of being the political analyst and a commentator for the FOX News.
- Charles also wrote the book titled, “Things that Matter: Three Decades of Passion, Pastimes and Politics” that remained to be The New York Times Best Seller for straight 38 weeks and for 10 weeks retained the number one position on that list.
Date of Birth:-
13th March, 1950
Few of the facts about Charles Krauthammer are as follows.
- During his first year at Harvard, Charles Krauthammer was involved in a diving board accident that resulted in a spinal cord injury that left him paralyzed below neck for almost 14 months. Ever since then after recovering, he has to use the wheelchair.
- Cancer seems to be running in the family of Krauthammer’s as Charles Krauthammer young brother died due to cancer back in 2006 and now he is also suffering cancer himself.
- In 2006, The Financial Times awarded Charles with the title of being the “Most Influential Commentator in America”. They even stated him to be person who made gigantic influence on US foreign policies.
- Few of the notable awards received by Charles Krauthammer over his long career in media are as follows.
- People for the American Way’s First Amendment Award
- Champion / Tuck Award for Economic Understanding
- First Annual Bradley Prize
- Eric Breindel Award for Excellence in Opinion Journalism
- The Pulitzer Award
Although the exact net worth figure of Charles Krauthammer has not been disclosed by him but estimates have been made that claim his net worth figure to be easily at 8 million dollars. Seeing his long career in media and journalism this much net worth is not unorthodox to hear.
Charles Krauthammer maintains his residence in Washington D.C. However the exact location of his residence is not made public due to privacy and security concerns.
Charles Krauthammer has mix ethnicity blend of French and Belgium ethnicities. His father was a French Jew while his mother was native of Belgium. By religion, Charles is a Jew and is fluent n French language as he and his family only spoke in French when at home. Other information regarding family history of Charles Krauthammer is as follows.
The name of his father is Schulm Krauthammer who was French national and an Orthodox Jew. He only allowed his sons to speak in French when at home and also sent them to Hebrew School.
The name of his mother is Thea Krauthammer. She was also a Jew by religion and like her husband, a very orthodox one too.
He only had one sibling, a younger brother named Marcel Krauthammer who unfortunately died of cancer in 2006.
As a result of his marriage, Charles has only one son named Daniel Krauthammer. Daniel like his father is alum of Harvard where he studies Economics and Political Science. According to Charles his son is smarter when compared to him.
Charles only had been involved with one woman his entire life. The name of said woman is Robyn Krauthammer who is actually his wife and mother of his son. The couple is happily married to that since 1974.