Bio, Age, Weight, Height, Facts, Controversies, Net Worth, Family Tree, Personal life
For our readers today we have selected one of the popular Survival Reality TV show stars in the world known by name of Andy Bassich. Our guide will help you explore near about every possible fact and personal information available at the moment of this celebrity. So sit back and enjoy this joy ride of information.
Reality TV star
This portion of the celebrity’s bio will help you get acquainted with the physical attributes of importance that you might want to know.
There is not much known about physical stats of this reality star except the fact that he is 58 years of age an old man with simple body. He is white by ethnicity and is also maintaining the simple life in the harsh environment of Alaska near Yukon River.
For personal life we have carefully selected all the necessary items ranging from date of birth to their family tree that can be of importance to the fans.
The career life of Andy Bassich has the following highlights that we present to the readers.
- Andy Bassich graduated from John F. Kennedy High School in Washington DC.
- After graduation he did not went for college instead he sought career in carpentry and cabinet making for several years in State of Virginia.
- Still after moving to Alaska, he continued to do carpentry and cabinet making work but also took on many other jobs. He was gardening and hunting in summer.
- For most of his 20 years life in Yukon River, Andy also worked as a river boat captain.
- In 2013, Andy was casted as the member of the National Geographic’s documentary series called Life Below Zero. He is among the six cast members of series. Other members of series are following.
- Sue Aikins
- Jassie Holmes
- Glenn Villeneuve
- Erik Salitan
- Chip Hailstone
- As of 2017, Any is still in the show’s 9th season and the season is now subtitled as Season of Change.
Date of Birth:-
Washington, DC, USA
Few of the amazing facts about Andy Bassich are as follows.
- As is evident from his show, Andy Bassich has always been in love with nature. Since the time he graduated he maintains his residence in places people do not usually visit.
- He moved to Yukon River back in 1980’s and spent almost all of the life since then there with his wife Kate.
- Andy lives at Yukon River with his 37 sled dogs.
- He was only encouraged by his grandmother to pursue his dreams in life.
- In 2009, Breakup of water nearly left Andy in ruins when all of his machinery, property, and house were flooded away with icy cold water and he could do nothing to save it.
- The crude living environment has brought its effects on Andy as well. H is reported by his wife to be physically and verbally abusive while living at Yukon River. He got a lot of backlash from Life Belo Zero, show’s fans for that.
- He knows the carpentry and cabinet making work and worked for several years in Virginia.
- He last posted on his Facebook profile back in 2010 and has only 500 followers on it.
- On Twitter account he has not even posted once but still has 50 followers.
Andy has no real expenses when it comes to living in secluded areas. He mostly hunts and gathers his own food supply. Currently he is also running a survival and dog mushing show in Alaska. The most of time is spent by him gathering food, hunting and training sled dogs for the show. The show producers give him a handsome salary of about 100,000 dollars annually for this. Most of his net worth comes from his TV salary and running his school. The estimated net worth of Andy Bassich is around 250,000 dollars.
There is not much information available on his life as he has not released any in any interview or show whatsoever. However the famous celebrity is famed for his trekking in the harsh environments of all across USA and especially in Alaska a snow covered hell. Andy Bassich took some dogs and a sled along with his wife to spend his life near the Yukon River one of the terrible places to live on earth. He is till residing there as a part of show and his passion of living in harsh and secluded environments.
Like everything else, Andy Bassich has most of his family background wrapped in blanket of privacy. Not much is known about his family background, not even his birth date. The only exception is that he was born in 1958 in Washington, DC and spending most of his life alone in dangerous places across USA and Canada. He is currently living for living near Yukon River.
He has children but their total numbers and names are not available for general public information.
While he was maintaining his residence in Dawson City, Andy met the tourist named Kate and they got involved in a love relationship. Soon after they got married, Kate and Andy both moved to Yukon River, Alaska with their 37 dogs and sled. They made it their home. However the couple divorced in 2016 and Kate released statement that the environment was not the only thing that was harsh there, also their relationship was and often Andy verbally and physically abused her.